Saturday 25 January 2014

I will wait

Rain falls down
Washing away my tears
From my haunting past
…in a ghostly chase at my frail heels
Oh! This is a forgotten world!

Wind shakes the tree all around me
Leaving stumps behind in Orogun
As it robs my heart its sweats
While my crooning is a sweet dirge
But my forlone with the night I groan
For hope is far from light
Oh! This is a forgotten world!

It is a solemn night
My spine shivers with this feeling alone I bear
But I will wait
For my passion as strong as rock shall be
Forever even if you tarry for long
And oh my faith in you will not sway
Even if Orogun groans through the storm
Because one day you shall find me
And here I shall be
But far away you are
I still miss you,
Oh! This is a forgotten world

Through tears in my eyes I cuddle the night
But here I wait for love never fail
Whether the road is too long
And the dusty path your feet I am sure you ply
For my dream in your heart you will not fail
Yet come quick, my crown and bliss,
For this is a forgotten world.

No comments:

Post a Comment