Wednesday 3 June 2015

AS I GROW OLDER

I held Poetry clinic With My students, JSS 3 students, At Cedar Mathetain College @ off Ade Oyo Road off Ring Road, And within a week about 13 out OF 15 are able to write impressive poems. I asked them permission to post them on My wall And It was granted.
The first to be posted Is titled: ' As I Grow Older'  by SUNKANMI BALOGUN

AS I GROW OLDER
It was a Long Time ago
I Have almost forgotten My dream
But it was There then
In front Of me
Bright like a sun, My dream
And then The wall rose
Rose slowly, slowly
Between me And My dream
Rose Until It touches The sky
The wall, a shadow cast I lie down in
No longer The light Of My dream before me
But above me, bricks upon bricks, a giant enemy
Yet My hand shall break through The wall
My hidden dream shall I find
And My darkness shall shatter
As I smash My night
Break My shadow into a thousand lights OF sun
Or into a thousand whirling dreams In The stars
www.truthattwilight.com

No comments:

Post a Comment